What are the potential side effects of MRgFUS?
Side effects very rarely occur. The rate of complications is under 3%.
- Abdominal pain/cramp, back or leg pain
- Nausea and/or fever
- Superficial erythema/burns on particular areas of the skin
- Urinary tract infection
- Vaginal discharge, spotting and/or intermenstrual bleeding may occur up to 3 months after treatment
- Allergic reaction to the contrast agent or the sedative
- Circulation problems during or after treatment
- Flushing during therapy
- Nerve irritations
- Extremely rare: Bowel damage